Mobile Food VendorA mobile food vendor, or food truck, is any vehicle or pushcart used in conjunction with a commissary or other permanent food facility upon which food is sold or distributed at retail at a fixed location. There are several food trucks established throughout the city. If you are thinking about buying and operating a food truck in Turlock consider the following:
Choosing a Location
- When choosing a location be aware that the majority of trucks provide service on the passenger side of the truck.
- The food truck operations must be conducted entirely upon private property and not within any public right-of-way.
- The food truck must be located on a paved surface such as concrete or asphalt and cannot interfere with the operation of any businesses or approved uses on the property.
- No additional parking is needed to support the food truck.
- No permanent structures can be erected on the site to support the food truck.
- Temporary canopies or tents less than 120 square feet (10'x12') may be erected but must be removed at the end of each business day. No more than 2 tables to accommodate up to 10 people can be provided.
- No signs, balloons, or flags may be displayed on or off the site to promote the food truck, except those permanently affixed to the food truck.
- All food trucks and temporary canopies cannot be closer than 20-feet to any building or structure.
Permits & Licenses RequiredCity of Turlock Mobile Facility Permit
City of Turlock Business License
Stanislaus County Food Facility Permit
** PLEASE NOTE ** Once a complete application has been received by the Planning Department it takes approximately 15 days to process.