Administrative Services

Finance Division

Utility Billing

The City of Turlock Finance Division processes utility bill statements and payments for the City's over 18,000 customers.

Online Utility Bill Payment

You can now manage your utility (water/sewer/garbage) bill online. From this web site, you can make a one time payment, sign up for automatic monthly payments, view billing and payment history, and view your metered water usage.

Manage your online utility account.

Note: Please do not make payments for returned checks online. All payments online will be applied as a payment on your utility account.

Questions about signing up for utility service?

question mark How do I read my utility bill?
Please view this page that describes each section of your utility bill.

question mark How soon do I need to sign up for service?
You may contact the Finance Division to sign up for service at any time before moving in to your new location.

question mark Where do I sign up for service?
You may sign up by contacting the City of Turlock Finance Division by phone, (209) 668-5570 or in person at 156 S. Broadway, Turlock Ca.

question mark How are my utility fees calculated?
For information on how utility fees are calculated, please refer to the Turlock Municipal Code sections noted below.

Water - Metered Rates TMC 6-5-500
Water - Non-Metered Rates TMC 6-5-600

Sewer - TMC 6-4-700

Garbage - TMC 6-3-101

question mark Am I required to pay a deposit?
Pursuant to California Public Utility Code Section 10009.6, the decision of the City to require a new residential applicant to deposit a sum of money with the City prior to establishing an account and furnishing service shall be based solely upon the creditworthiness of the applicant as determined by the City. The deposit will be equal to the charges for services likely to be incurred during a period of three (3) months or two (2) billing periods, whichever is greater. This estimate shall be established by the Finance Officer or his/her designee based upon the size of the service, the nature of the use of the property and the experience with similar uses in the City. Failure to make the deposit will warrant the discontinuation or denial of service.

question mark Could I give you my credit card number to set up a recurring charge for my utility bill each month?
Yes. You can set this up online, or contact Finance at (209) 668-5570 to set this up.

question mark Does the City of Turlock offer a Senior Citizen Discount?
A Senior Citizen Discount is available for garbage services only. The applicant must be at least 65 years or older and a resident at the service location. To apply, bring a picture ID to the City of Turlock Finance Division at 156 S. Broadway.

Payment Locations

Effective March 1, 2009 Utility payments for water, garbage, and sewer can be paid at our 24-hour location:
  • 156 S. Broadway - Drop Slot on Front of Building
    Payments dropped at this location prior to 4 PM will be posted the same day.
Payments by Mail
Make checks payable to "City of Turlock" and write your City of Turlock utility account number on the check.

Mail payments to:
City of Turlock
PO Box 1230
Suisun City, CA 94585-1230

Delinquent Information

Bills are due by the last day of each month. If not received in our office by the payment due date, bills are delinquent and subject to a delinquent penalty of $25.00. If bills remain unpaid, service is subject to disconnect. To reinstate service, payment of the full amount of the past due charges plus a $25.00 turn on fee is required.

Returned Checks

A $25.00 charge will be imposed for all checks returned by the bank unpaid and your service may be subject to immediate disconnect.

Policy for not terminating service for medical reasons

It is the policy of the City of Turlock not to terminate service for nonpayment upon the receipt of written certification of a licensed physician or surgeon that to do so will be life threatening to the customer. Additionally, the customer must be financially unable to pay for service within the normal payment period and be willing to enter into an amortized payment agreement, not to exceed 12 months. A payment agreement fee of $20 will be charged.

Written certification by a licensed physician or surgeon must be filed with the City of Turlock Finance Office prior to termination of service and updated on an annual basis.


Medical Certification Letter

Finance Division
Contact Us
Finance Division
156 S Broadway
Turlock, CA 95380
(209) 668-5570
New Beta Web Site
We have launched our new web site in beta.
Check it out!
Website Tools

Login Status
Not logged in (Log in)